Friday, February 25, 2011

Filo-Fax Wannabee

I loved Gala Darling's adorable little Filo-Fax and I was inspired to create my own kind of personal planner that would work for my busy flower schedule. I like the idea of having a Filo-Fax but I needed something much bigger and a little more durable since it has to travel with me where ever I go. So I put together my very own Filo-Fax wannabee.

Its a bright pink 3-ring binder! It contains...

In the left pocket I have the most recent catalogs from the companies I frequently order from and colorful little page tabs. On the right I have filled the binder with tons of page covers which are divided up into sections.

I have a giant list that is a few pages long that has every single variety I will grow this year. I then have an inventory list of all the seeds I have and all the seeds I have ordered. I have a section that has a seed schedule for everything I grow made with Excel. Using my past records and calenders and a LOT of week counting I created a weekly seeding/transplanting schedule and divided the months with tabs. Giving me a sort of estimated guide of what needs to be done when to keep up with my demands. Im sure there will be scribbles all over it by the end of the year!


I have a monthly calender book.


I use this to write in reminders about order dates, delivery dates, market dates, ect...
It is already filled with sticky notes : )

I have sections for recent recipts && growing information that comes with seeds I odered.



There is also my 2011 growing season journal inside.


This year I have added a special section...



When I was flipping through notes of past seasons I noticed there were quite a few sentences that started with "Next season I will..." So I thought it would be awesome to have a dedicated section for these statements.



&& of course I have included my favorite sharpie!!!



When things start getting super crazy around the farm there is no way I can remember everything so I have to have some kind of guide to get my through the growing season. Having everything in a centralized place this year will make things easier.


The seeding has begun && its hard to believe since its nonstop snow here this week. February came && went and soon its on to one of my favorite months...March!! : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment